PRIVACY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The data controller of the personal data is JuliaSoft S.r.l., with registered office in Lungadige Galtarossa 21 – 37133 VERONA, Italy.
The personal data transmitted to JuliaSoft will be processed for the following purposes:
- communication, marketing, and promotional activities;
- human resources recruiting activities.
The processing of personal data for the purposes above will be performed prevalently through the use of automated and computerized methods, and shall include all the operations specified in Art. 34, Section 1 of Legislative Decree 196/03 and those necessary for the processing in question, including communication to the subjects mentioned below.
Personal data will be processed using instruments and procedures that ensure confidentiality and security, and can also be processed on paper and through the use of computers by personnel expressly authorized for the purpose.
- company employees, to enable data processing and filing to JuliaSoft S.r.l. security standards
- external business associates, consultants or professionals engaged by JuliaSoft S.r.l.
- JuliaSoft S.r.l. subsidiary or consociate companies
- public authorities, for the fulfillment of obligations prescribed by law
A data subject is entitled to the exercise of the rights specified in Art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/03, and in particular:
1. A data subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- of the source of the personal data;
- of the purposes and methods of the processing;
- of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means;
- of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated;
- of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
- updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data;
- erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully;
4. A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
- to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON COOKIES
Cookies are text files containing sets of information that are stored in your computer or mobile devices every time you access a site via a browser. Every time you visit the site again, your browser sends these cookies to the website that originated them or to another site. Cookies allow sites to remember some information that makes online navigation simple and quick.
According to the aims pursued, the cookies used by websites can be divided into three categories described below:
- absolutely necessary or so-called “technical” cookies: they are vital to navigate the sites visited and use some functions. Without these cookies, some online services requested by the user (i.e. access to reserved areas) cannot be supplied.
- performance cookies: gather anonymous information and allow understanding how users interact with the visited site. For instance they tell which pages have been most visited, the time spent on the site, any error messages, etc. Performance cookies gather information on an aggregate basis and anonymously, and are used to improve the site operation and users’ surfing experience.
- functional cookies: allow the site to remember the choices made by the user (such as the size of the font of the viewed text, language preference, etc.) and to supply the customised functions you have selected. In some cases these cookies can be used also to offer online services or to avoid offering services or messages you have already refused in the past.
According to their lifetime, cookies can be:
- session (or temporary): they are cancelled when the browser is closed;
- long-term: they are stored as a file, even after the browser is closed and they are cancelled after a set time.
According to the website or domain they come from, cookies can be:
- first-party (or proprietary): they are the cookies set directly by the sites visited by the user that is the websites whose address has been entered by the user (displayed in the URL bar). They are managed by the domain that generated them.
- third-party: these cookies are set by a website other than the one visited by the user. They are managed by domains other than the ones visited.
Description of cookies used in JuliaSoft website
This site uses various types of cookies, for various purposes:
- system functional and technical first-party cookies (i.e. during authentication, authorization and navigation services accessed via registration);
- third-party cookies, specifically those issued by aggregate analysis tools such as Google Analystics.
This information is used to trace and examine the use of the website by the user, draw up reports on the site activities and supply other services connected to the site activities and the use of the Internet. Users who do not wish any Google Analytics cookies can prevent them from being stored on their computers or mobiles via the appropriate “Google Analytics browser deactivation add-on” found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To activate the component inhibiting the collection of information about the user’s visit, just install it following the on-screen instructions, close and reopen the browser.
This site offers users some services made available by third parties, for instance the connection to social network services. In particular, the site offers plugins for LinkedIn and Youtube. These plugins do not set a cookie but, if this is already present on the computer or mobile, they can read it and use it according to its settings. Apart from these cases, where the user is willing to share his/her surfing details with the selected social networks, JuliaSoft S.r.l. shares with social networks no other navigation or data information about the users acquired via the site. The collection and use of information by third parties are governed by the respective privacy laws which we suggest you refer to.
COOKIES USED TO DISPLAY INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
The site might use third-party cookies used to display advertising based on the users’ interests. This infomation is gathered while you surf the net and is in no way connected to the account you access the site with. In particular, Google Adwords by Google Inc. uses the navigation data in its online advertising circuit to show advertising more in line with the user’s interests. JuliaSoft Srl exploits this technology and uses the navigation data collected from its site to offer the user targeted interest-based advertising. Browsers allow users to disable third-party cookies aimed at allowing online interest-based advertising. The instructions on how to disable cookies in the most important browsers can be found in the COOKIES paragraph. In case of different devices (for instance computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), you must ensure that each browser on each device is set on your cookie preferences.
COOKIE MANAGEMENT AND CANCELLATION
Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can modify these settings so as to block cookies or be warned every time cookies are sent to the navigation device. Moreover, you can delete the cookies from your device at the end of each session. There are various ways to manage cookies, so please refer to the instructions relating to the browser you use. By selecting the connections below, you can acess the specific instructions to manage cookies through some main browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, Safari. If you do not use one of the above-mentioned browsers, you can anyway select “cookies” in the relative guide section to discover where the cookie folder is.
If you use different devices to display and acces websites (for instance computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), it is your responsibility to ensure each browser is set on each device according to your cookie preferences.